Salary: £32,979 - £34,714
Hours: 40 hours per week (occasional early evening and Saturday morning working as and when required to meet customer needs)
Our client is an award-winning organisation that currently owns and manages around 3,000 rented properties in mid and south Wales, working in several local authority areas.
Our client is built on an in-house contractor model, designed to drive quality customer services, whilst achieving substantial planned growth and expansion, potentially outside of the group. Our client is a subsidiary company which provides maintenance services to our client.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Carry out pre-work inspections and prepare detailed specifications of works as required in line with agreed service level agreements and procedures
- Supervise staff, trades and sub-contractors involved in NML service and improvement activities; ensuring staffing levels meet current service demands, legislative compliance and quality assure all work in progress and completed works.
- Maintain a significant presence on site, respond to any operational queries and consider any suggestions made by the trade operatives, ensuring that staff are highly motivated and delivering high quality services to tenants.
- Responsible for communications to our client tenants and ensuring they are provided at all times with a high quality, customer focused repairs, void property and planned compliance service.
- Ensure that all works are recorded, costed and reported to allow accurate accounting.
- Assist in the management of the service within pre-agreed cost & time parameters.
- Ensure compliance with all C.O.S.H.H and manufacture instructions relating to the use and storage of materials/equipment, necessary for the performance of his/her tasks.
- Participate as a member of the NML In-House Maintenance Team and other working groups as necessary and put forward suggestions for improving the overall service to tenants and the efficiency of NML.
- Assist in the training and development of new members of staff as required. Attend any relevant training courses and conferences as required. Disseminate information to staff responsible for and any other relevant staff
- Within the role ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures and compliance of the Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Data Protection policies
Requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Previous experience in a supervisor/manager role in property repair/maintenance/planned services sectors
- Successful performance management outcomes relating to trades staff and or sub-contractors
- Minimum City & Guild NVQ 3 or equivalent in surveying or trade skill background
- Excellent knowledge of property surveying/inspections with the ability to identify and prepare detailed specifications of repairs, planned improvements and void property works
- IT literate with good knowledge of outlook, word and excel
- Experience in social housing sector repairs and maintenance
- Using Dynamic Repairs Scheduling systems
- IOSH Managing safely or SSSTS qualification
- Able to demonstrate problem solving to repair issues /causation
Benefits of becoming the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Maintenance Supervisor, then please apply now!
Apply for Maintenance Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly