Head of Health and Safety
Head of Health and Safety
If you are decisive, focused and have experience of managing H&S for events with high numbers of spectators, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a world-renowned race track as the Head of Health and Safety.
We are Silverstone Circuits, home of British Motor Racing. We host some of the nation’s greatest motor events, including the Formula One British Grand Prix and MotoGP.
People come from around the globe to immerse themselves in our events, whether that be a live concert, the British Superbikes Championship or the British Grand Prix (which attracted over 340,000 fans last year).
We’re now looking for a Head of Health and Safety to take the lead on all H&S matters at Silverstone and ensure our visitors can enjoy their day out in a safe environment.
- Competitive salary
- Pension (after three months)
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free access to any of our events
- Three guest passes each year
- Discounts on promoted event tickets, as well as merchandise
- Free parking
- Subsidised on-site café
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact with a globally-recognised brand that has a rich heritage.
It’s an exciting time to join the Silverstone family – we’ve embarked on an evolutionary transformation of our venue and are introducing a new purpose-built hotel and Silverstone Experience visitor attraction. As well as this, we’ll deliver our events and leisure activities that draw in thousands of guests each year.
You will have the chance to drive the success of all of the above by bringing your expertise to the table and ensuring we continue to operate to the highest Health and Safety standards.
So, if you want to make a real difference and accelerate your career path with a prestigious organisation, this is the role for you.
As the Head of Health and Safety, you will oversee all Health and Safety matters at Silverstone.
You’ll ensure we meet our legal and safety obligations across a number of departments, including Catering, Venue, Driving Experiences, Corporate and Public Events.
Working with internal departments and third-party service providers, you will:
- Oversee the implementation of our Safety, Health and Environment policy
- Ensure our venue, facilities and events are run in-line with safety standards
- Act as the lead H&S representative and Safety Officer at events
- Provide H&S advice and support to staff at all levels
- Carry out audits and ensure we have all relevant licenses and certificates
- Manage the H&S budget
- Provide and advise on training for employees and contractors
To join us as our Head of Health and Safety, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience at supervisory or management level
- A track record of managing H&S in a business that runs events with high numbers of spectators
- H&S experience within a venue, events and leisure environment and operating in-line with the ‘Green Guide’
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015
- An understanding of COSHH, RIDDOR, DSE, DDA and PPE requirements
- An Occupational Health and Safety qualification and chartered membership of IOSH (or equivalent)
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Senior H&S Manager, Head of H&S, Head of Venue Health & Safety, Senior SHE Manager, Head of SHE, Senior Safety Manager or Senior Venue Safety Manager.
Webrecruit and Silverstone Circuits are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for the next step in your career as our Head of Health and Safety, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.