Bourton-on-the Water, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Our client is a market-leading provider of stylish home accessories and gifts. They believe in representing products that are created using traditional techniques and ethical labour practices, and carefully select their collections with quality in mind.
Now, they are looking for a Financial Controller to join their busy Head Office in Bourton-on-the-Water and oversee all company finances.
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Stunning Cotswolds location
This is the ideal role for a suitably qualified, senior level finance professional looking to continue to develop their career and step up to the next level.
Playing a vital, strategic role in the finances of this growing company, you will discover that they’ve held a strong market position for the 45 years they have been in operation and have expanded their sales across Europe to include a satellite office in Barcelona.
With ambitious plans for the future, now is an exceptional time to join the company and act in a critical financial capacity.
As the Financial Controller, you will play a key role in the management of finance for this highly successful, internationally operating company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will take responsibility for all aspects of business finances, including financial management, controls and reporting. You will also oversee administration and IT matters for the business.
You will control and manage cash and other resources and assets of the company by ensuring robust controls and processes are in place with regards to purchasing, payments, payroll management, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Bringing improvements to these areas where appropriate.
Additionally, your role will include:
- Managing the small finance, IT and Admin team to meet all daily operating requirements and to produce and publish regular, timely, internal and external reports to meet the needs of the business
- Leading and supporting the auditors, banks, investors and HMRC in the preparation of all reports required
- Identifying, establishing and managing an effective currency hedging strategy
- Supporting the Group Facilities Manager with all property-related matters including leases, utilities, vehicles and insurances
- Working with the management team of the business to support good commercial decision making to support the overall profitability of the business
To be considered as the Financial Controller, you will need:
- At least five years’ senior level finance experience
- The ability to lead and inspire a team
- A CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification
- Advanced MS Excel skills and, ideally, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Nav 17 or similar
- A close attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with a commercially savvy approach
- Excellent analytical abilities
- To be articulate and proactive
Other organisations may call this role Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Head of Accounts, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Accountancy Manager, Accounts Controller, Finance Director, or Financial Director.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to start the next phase of your career as our client’s next Financial Controller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.