Central London, EC4V
Are you experienced in the world of PR and communications? Looking to put your creativity to the test and develop your career with a leading not for profit? If so, this could be the role for you.
Money Advice Trust provides free information, advice and resources to help people successfully manage their finances. With demand for money advice consistently outstripping supply, finding more efficient ways of helping people is at the heart of our work.
We provide thousands of free online and face-to-face training places every year for money advisers across the UK through our Wiseradviser programme, as well as training and consultancy programmes to creditors to support their vulnerable customers.
We are now looking for a Communications Officer to deliver our influencing strategy to key groups and help bring about changes to money and debt policies and practices.
- Salary of £30,000 DOE
- Generous life assurance
- Health and wellbeing programmes, including eye tests, flu vaccinations and a contributory health cash plan
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Awards for long service
- Refer a friend scheme
- A range of benefits to choose from, including season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, car scheme and discounts on goods, services and entertainment
- 29 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (and the option to purchase additional holiday)
This is the perfect opportunity for a creative individual from a PR and communications background to develop fantastic content and help get our message out there.
With debt problems high on the media, policy and political agenda, this is an exciting time to join our organisation and take your career to the next level. You’ll get to play a hands-on role in communicating our strategies and policies and further develop your skills across a broad range of PR and communications activity.
So, if you are looking for the perfect excuse to exercise your creative flair and want to make a key difference to the effective reach of the Money Advice Trust, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As the Communications Officer, you will play a pivotal role in communicating Money Advice Trust’s frontline influencing messages to journalists, politicians, civil servants and other stakeholders.
Specifically, you will work with the Media and Communication Manager to plan and develop new content including press releases, opinion articles, blog posts, social media content and email newsletters.
Your role will also include:
- Writing persuasive and engaging articles, press releases and blogs
- Developing creative social media content
- Organising and managing events
- Planning and executing entire campaigns
To join us as a Communications Officer, you will need:
- Experience of using PR and communications to support organisational objectives
- Experience of delivering and managing events such as roundtables and receptions
- Experience of delivering and evaluating social media activity across platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Knowledge and experience of website editing and of using a content management system
- Experience of evaluating campaigns, including setting and delivering against KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Other organisations may call this role Communications Officer, Communications & Press Officer, PR Officer, Communications Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Marcomms Executive, Marketing and Event Co-ordinator, or Communications Campaign Executive,
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th May 2019. Interviews are expected to be held on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th May 2019
Webrecruit and Money Advice Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for your next challenge as a Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.