Policy Communications Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Policy Communications Manager
Salary: £42,746 - £48,109
We do some truly amazing work and we need your help to spread the word. Can you design and deliver a proactive communications strategy that raises NFER’s visibility and expertise within the education sector?
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
Joining as the Policy Communications Manager, in this newly created role, your emphasis will be to identify and provide support in understanding matters relating to education policy initiatives. You’ll take NFER’s key areas of expertise and be its public response within education policy developments, working closely with the Senior Management and Leadership team to generate content aimed at raising NFER’s profile. Key elements of the role include:
- Track education policy developments, reports, announcements and debates that relate to NFER key priority areas and make recommendations as to any potential communications and/or visibility opportunities that might arise from them
- Work with the Research Department and Impact Team to schedule and deliver relevant blogs, comment and other social media and web content around policy developments and government initiatives relating to NFER key priority areas
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders (think tanks, media, government comms teams, Special Advisers) with a view to identifying future visibility and impact opportunities
Your technical background:
- You have a degree in a relevant field of study
- You have strong writing style with the ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences
- You can assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly
You’ll love this job, if:
- You enjoy writing!
- You are proactive and enjoy finding ways to engage with an online audience
- Building relationships through many different media comes naturally
You don’t need a background in education but we’re eager to hear from you if do, or you may have an understanding of government policy, or have worked as a Content Manager, Communications Manager, as an Education Blogger or Policy Blogger.
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Policy Communications Manager, apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 6th May 2019.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.