Digital Marketing Executive
Working within a dynamic marketing team delivering visitors to our hugely successful shows across the UK (Homebuilding & Renovating Shows, The UK Guitar Show, Bass Guitar Show, Golden Joysticks, The Video Show and The Photography Show), this role operates at a fast pace, in the thick of digital campaign management, strategy and implementation. Working across a number of channels via a number of in-house teams, external agencies and suppliers you will bring the campaigns to life along with several colleagues in the Marketing Department.
Reporting to: Marketing Manager- Events
Job Summary & Purpose
The role of Digital Marketing Executive for Future in Bromsgrove, supporting the Marketing Manager on all marketing aspects of the events marketing campaigns with the key aim to generate visitors to the events across the UK. Key events you will work on include The UK Guitar Show, The London Bass Guitar Show, Golden Joysticks, The Video Show and The Photography Show.
The role is fast paced and will utilise a wide range of digital channels including social media, PPC, website development, email, advertising and partnership marketing. Some of the role may also include offline channels but the role will be predominantly digital.
Experience of campaign management and managing a busy schedule is key as you will be working on a numerous campaigns simultaneously to hit critical deadlines. Excellent communication skills are also required as you will be liaising with a number of stakeholders and external agencies and partners.
Key role responsibilities:
- Creates and executes marketing plans, with support of the Marketing Manager, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that help drive visitors to our shows.
- Use a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques (including advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, live events, reader surveys).
- Records and monitors marketing spend to accurately track costs for campaigns and ensures adherence to agreed budgets.
- Makes recommendations for future campaigns, liaises with internal teams and measures KPI's.
- Writes and edits high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all printed and online communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand
- Develops and maintains all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs.
- Supports the development of creative concepts; producing briefs and managing each stage of the design process to ensure all marketing material is approved and delivered to schedule.
- Produces timely and accurate audience and marketing reports, forecasts, and accruals through maintenance of all data collection points and ensuring data is collected in line with best practice guidelines.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party partners via telephone, written communication and face-to-face meetings, ensuring marketing activity is fully aligned to the needs of the portfolio.
- Provides regular status to key contacts (Marketing Director, Data Team) on progress and potential concerns relating to promotional activity and general workload.
- Demonstrates industry awareness and audience understanding across defined marketing products and broader portfolio, identifying key competitors, monitoring audience and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development across Future.
- Delivers high quality marketing materials requiring minimal edits/amendments which align with the brand values.
- Implements successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full digital marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule.
- Successfully plans, organises and executes multiple campaigns across the product portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is maintained at all times.
- Contributes to overall visitor numbers set by the business for each show.
- Delivers strong ROI across all marketing channels and is able to showcase success.
Essential skills and experience:
- Understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in campaign management.
- Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities.
- Experience in CMS / web platforms such as Sitefinity (or similar).
- Data, CRM experience
- Experience in email platforms (currently use Adestra but moving onto Selligent)
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications.
- Copywriting, proof reading skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical skills and awareness of digital and online platforms.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.