Class 1 - Coventry - Days
5 days left
- Full Time
PERMANENT ROLE - Any 5 out of 7- Days - GBP33,697.55 pa
We currently are recruiting for committed and reliable Class 1 Drivers, for an exciting opportunity to work for our prestigious British Bikes and Car Parts Company, driving out of Coventry.
- GBP13.23ph - Hourly rate
- GBP16.23ph - for hours worked between 03.00 & 05.00
- GBP33,697.55pa - Basic salary
- Starting between00 & 07.00
- GBP45.96 - Weekend shift payment on top of hourly rate
- GBP60.00 -Sixth shift payment on top of hourly rate
- Contracted to 49 hours per week
Working any 5 from 7 shifts, with weekends included and completing up to 6 drops per day
You will be delivering cages, totes and bicycles to high street stores and also retail units in and around the area.
- To ensure the safe and efficient handling of the vehicle in all respects, including the optimisation of fuel usage, cleanliness of cab etc.
- To conduct pre shift checks on vehicle and report any maintenance issues/concerns in a timely manner and in line with company/site defect policy and procedure
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc. whilst on shift/on a delivery
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift in order to provide information about specific deliveries and the shift in general
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out role in a safe, correct and efficient manner
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times
- To ensure that any concerns regarding Health and Safety is immediately reported to a member of the Management Team
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock
- To maintain a high standard of personal presentation while undertaking the role
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must hold valid in date CPC card
- Must hold DIGI card
- You must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Be fully flexible in relation to shifts and duties and able
- Need to be able to ensure correct and accurate completion of documentation in line with legislative and company policies and procedures
- Able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with site KPI's including fuel efficiency
- Applicants will also undergo a driving and medical assessment as part of the recruitment process.
GBP500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets GBP250
If you have what it takes to be part of this winning team please APPLY ON LINE
If you have any questions about the role call or email
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.