An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company based in South Tyneside. Our client is a market leader in their specialist sector. To support growth they are now looking to recruit a Coating Engineer to join their passionate team. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a company who continually invest in their staff.
The main purpose of the role is toorganise and manage all aspects of the job in a tidy and professional manner. All work to be carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, to expected timescales and within all Health and Safety guidelines.
- Clean, prepare and setup vacuum chamber ready for coating cycle.
- Clean and prepare Substrates ready for coating and load into Jig.
- Operation of high vacuum coating system.
- Set up and calculate monitoring wavelengths for Monitoring system.
- Diagnosing and correcting faults.
- Use of Bead Blaster to clean plant parts and jigs.
- Recovery of Substrates using acid cleaning techniques.
- Use thin film software to produce coating designs.
- Set up and use metrology equipment (Spectrophotometer) for testing filters.
- Reading and understanding customer drawings and specifications.
- Liaise with Team Leader and/or Production Manager on priorities.
- Keep detailed and up to date records of all coating cycles and maintenance (PC files, spreadsheets and written).
- Complete Routine Plant Maintenance.
- Proactive ability to engage in process, yield/scrap and business improvements. Improve and re-write SOP's.
- Maintain machine system cleanliness and basic plant preparation maintenance.
- Physics/ Applied Physics or relevant Engineering Degree or, extensive Thin Film/Evaporator Coatings technical experience.
- Working in a Production environment with demanding standards and tight schedules.
- Experience gained on Vacuum Evaporation systems within a production environment.
- Appreciation of both practical and theoretical Evaporator coating methodologies.
- Trained in 5S/Lean Manufacturing (Level 2 or 3). Ability to apply LEAN Principles.
- Knowledge of COSHH, PPE, risk assessments and safety equipment.
- Ability to critically analyse technical drawings and manuals.
- Understanding of change control and importance within a manufacturing facility.
- PC Skills MS Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to relate to Engineering issues which effect machine and process performance and product quality.
- Attention to detail (in particular interpreting specifications and tight tolerances)
- Evidence of implementation of change control or working within such an environment (eg. Changing parts, pumps, machine set-up, changing machine recipes in software)