London Region Assurance, Business Resilience Managers
London Region Assurance, Business Resilience Managers
About the Role
Our Extractive sector Governance, Risk and Compliance practice is thriving; supporting some of the world's leading mining and oil and gas giants. The growth in our client base will continue through expanding our footprint at existing clients as well as building new relationships with more leading organisations. We're seeking talented, high performing professional to join our London team as a Manager to support our rapidly expanding practice through leveraging their GRC and sector experience and track record. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring manager to work in a dynamic team delivering a wide range of progressive GRC projects and be part of our story. If you would like to work with the senior management teams of some of the sector's leading companies, have strong problem solving skills, intellectual agility and can build deep and productive relationships, our practice could be the right opportunity for you.
If you're successful as Business Resilience Managers, you'll undertake client work which includes for example:
- Managing and delivering assignments
- Working as part of a team or independently depending on the size of the assignment
- Developing and managing client relationships
- Identifying and developing client opportunities
- Partial and full-time client secondments
- Build a string network across the firm
- Support the development of thought leadership and insights
Experience and track record of delivering GRC, controls advisory, risk management, assurance frameworks, Ethics and Compliance and GRC technology platforms, in the extractive sector, with experience of working with large and complex organisations and deep knowledge of the issues and challenges facing the sector and be passionate about supporting those organisations in effecting good governance, risk and control in a cost constrained environment. Intellectual agility will be a key attribute in the successful candidate as our clients demand us to reimagine the possible and to find unconventional solutions to their problems. The successful applicant will have practical experience, ideally gained within a large consultancy or client organisation, of conducting some or all of the following activities:
- Deep understanding of risk, controls and assurance frameworks.
- Developing bespoke risk and control frameworks and processes.
- Assess, develop and implement ethical and corporate compliance frameworks.
- Develop and implement monitoring and assurance frameworks
- Develop business requirements for GRC technology platforms
- Develop and implement supply chain/3 rd parties compliance frameworks including monitoring and assurance.
- Develop assurance maps and agile monitoring and assurance plans spanning three lines of defence.
- Support data analytics and continuous controls monitoring projects.
- Highly confident and resilient, comfortable asserting yourself with senior clients (Executive and functional heads)
- Strong track record of delivering GRC services to a global and complex organisations and proven ability developing and implementing risk and control frameworks.
- Working knowledge of extractive sector issues and challenges
- Working knowledge of the impact of technological advances on how GRC frameworks are developed and maintained
- Confident to work with and support clients across the three lines of defence
- Solid financial and commercial acumen and understanding of both the firm and our clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to support/lead interactions with senior stakeholders internally and with our clients
- Robust diligence and ability to pay close attention to detail, including impeccable report- writing skills
- Ability to innovate and think laterally to solve complex client problems
- Strong inter-personal communication skills with ability to build trust and rapport with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Proven team management skills, including coaching and development of junior resources
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with little management oversight
- Commercially focused and strong business development skills.
Job ID: 33475BR
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.