Impington Village College
Required as soon as possible
SO2 Point 32 to 34 (£29,055 to £30,756)
Term time only + 3 weeks (5 training days and two weeks which must be in August after exam results)
Flexible working arrangements will be considered
This is a rare opportunity to join a high performing College, and one where innovative use of assessment data sits at the heart of raising student outcomes. Impington Village College, part of the Morris Education Trust, was recently awarded ‘Transforming’ status for systems as part of the SSAT’s Framework for Exceptional Education, recognising the impact that data has on student progress and teaching and learning.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to lead and continue to develop the provision and use of assessment data across the whole College and manage the School Information Management System (SIMS). The successful candidate will lead the creation, maintenance, distribution and analysis of complex strategic and operational data to support leaders and teaching staff to raise standards and performance across the College. You will play a key role in supporting staff to develop data handling skills that translate analysis into classroom impact on achievement and progress. You will work closely with the Vice Principal to continue to refine and develop approaches to the use of data, ensuring that IVC remains at the cutting edge of educational data analysis and reporting. Additionally you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory returns, student transfer information and collection of data for outside agencies.
You will have excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills. A high degree of accuracy is essential together with outstanding organisational skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. You will also have a strong working knowledge of a range of ICT software including Microsoft Office, SIMS and in particular Excel. A knowledge of SISRA, and secondary accountability measures would be an advantage, but you will be supported to develop any gaps in your knowledge through a bespoke CPD programme.
Our College is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a DBS check.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
- a competitive salary including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
- the chance to work in an environment where data is highly valued and with a high degree of autonomy
- excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
- access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School, and through our other Teaching School connections
- support to undertake further bespoke professional development
- support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
- flexible working arrangements
- a recruitment and retention sum for a candidate with suitable skills and experience
- subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the College and meet the current Data Manager to learn more about the role and the use of data across the College and Trust.
Closing Date: Monday 03 June 2019
Please click apply below to request an application form.
Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs.