Home-Start is a leading family support charity, committed to promoting the welfare of young families with at least one child under the age of 5. Volunteers with parenting experience offer regular support to families in their own homes, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
Home-Start Guildford seeks a flexible, self-motivated person who will work with the manager and small friendly team. The role will involve visiting families, and supervising volunteers to deliver support to families, working together with other professionals and charities.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A good understanding of the needs of children and families.
· Experience of working directly with vulnerable families.
· Experience of delivering training and support to volunteers.
· Knowledge of the role of agencies providing services and support for children and families.
· Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding issues.
· Good IT skills and ability to work on their own initiative.
· Car driver and use of car essential (expenses will be paid).
To apply please email your CV with a short covering note to Home-Start Guildford at: firstname.lastname@example.org demonstrating how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the job description and person specification attached.
All candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete an application form. Appointment is subject to satisfactory references, and a DBS check at enhanced level will be required.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd June
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 11th June
Apply for Home-Start Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly