Football Video Editor
7 days left
- Full Time
Reach plc are looking for a new Football Video Editor to join us here in our vibrant city centre office, home of the Liverpool Echo. Leading on video production and distribution for an exciting new Liverpool FC project, this role is perfect for a talented video editor with an unrivalled passion for football.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Produce industry-leading video content across a number of platforms
- Use industry standard editing software to create a professional end product
- Regular reporting of social video trends across monetisable platforms and content themes
- Ensure social video aligns with the company's social media strategy
- Regular reporting and sharing of video best practice
- Working with talent to deliver content which fans love
- Supporting any proof-of-concepts with the product team around video
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of IPSO and editorial conduct issues
- Take direction from the Editor and other key stakeholders as required
- Take a creative approach to make our content stand out and own the style and standards of our audio and visual output
- Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
- Work on content with the highest levels of attention to detail and care
- Support the team with expert knowledge of video rights
- Ensure all work at all times conforms to Reach PLC policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
We're not just looking for a video editor, we're looking for someone with industry-leading talent; you'll have proven experience of producing outstanding quality video content. If you're creative, diverse and a stickler for good quality we want to hear from you. You need to have a strong knowledge of football and Liverpool FC in particular. You will be able to connect with the fans and deliver content that will keep them engaged.
You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines and you'll embrace the demanding and high-pressure environment that comes hand in hand with content publishing. You'll understand how bespoke video formats suit different platforms.
You'll need to be flexible, as you will be working on a shift rotation.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc has a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase scheme, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at