Support Worker BLUS81567
5 days left
- Full Time
Certitude is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for our Domiciliary Care support. We are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. We employ 1000 staff and are committed to their development. With Certitude you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
This is a great opportunity to work with an amazing team! You will be helping people with learning disabilities to live a full and active life. As part of the role as a Support Worker within our day service, you will be designing and delivering a range of interesting and fulfilling group activities for people with a variety of needs including physical disabilities and autism.
Utilizing your creativity and communication skills, you will help to facilitate activities such as art, gentle exercise, sensory engagement, intensive interaction, communication, socialisation and outings. As well as developing great relationships with individuals, you will potentially be supporting and assisting people with eating, drinking and with their personal care.
To be a successful Support Worker you will need to demonstrate:
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work using your own initiative and a proactive approach
- You are a great team player
- An interest in outdoor activities such as swimming, games and enjoy long walks
- Ability to use a range of technology –internet, emails, databases, Microsoft Office, smart phone and iPad
We will trust you to:
- Build great relationships with the people we support; and help them to achieve great outcomes
- Observe change within the individual’s circumstances and respond accordingly
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker BLUS81567
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly