Involves: quote, design, plan, procure and manage all aspects of Giacomini UK's UFH & HIU work, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, profitably and to our customer's complete satisfaction, with a view to building & strengthening customer relationships.
Quote and advise our customers competently on our range of valves (ball, gate, radiator, manifolds).
• Review and analyse specifications/drawings, asking questions of both the customer and Technical Sales Engineer (TSE)/Agent so that an accurate and high quality quotation can be prepared and issued. Quotations should make Giacomini a good profi??t, meet all our customer's speci??fications/requirements and be returned on time.
• Work with the appropriate TSE/Agent to convert the quote into an order. Understand that by offering the customer alternative products and negotiating better labour and screed rates commercial improvements to a quote can be achieved.
• Track, review, manage and deliver all projects (including sub contracted elements) on time and within budget, taking appropriate action where there are issues and/or risks to ensure project remains on track. Ensure appropriate checks and controls are in place at each stage of a live project, so that risks and issues are kept to a minimum.
• All contract variations are agreed in writing with the customer, and formal approval received, before any additional work instructions are issued to GUK suppliers/sub-contractors.
• Encourage and coach junior team members in the role, ensuring they meet the organisational requirements in terms of quotes/pricing, meeting design standards and delivering successful projects.
• Any other duties that reasonably fall within the remit of the role.
• Offer guidance and assistance to Project/Junior Engineers so that with confidence all projects are estimated, designed and installed correctly.
• Identify those customers that are 'price-checking' only so that loyal customer's work can be prioritised.
• Check all live projects on a weekly basis to ensure compliance to customer requirements, that any issues are being resolved, and to highlight any other issues/risks to the project. Where risks/issues are apparent work with the appropriate PE to resolve.
• Review, source and update (with agreement from the Internal Sales Manager) any subcontracted elements so that a sound preferred supplier list is developed that reliably meet our service standards, are commercially sound and maintain organisational and individual integrity.
• Review, input and recommend to the Internal Sales Manager how to improve the products, services, processes and procedures to ensure they are effective and efficient and part of a continuous improvement cycle.
MEASURES FOR THE ROLE
• Client feedback is positive at all times and repeat business is gained
• Percentage of quotes won - 20% profitability of all projects at all times
• Projects delivered on time, to specification and to budget
• Issues and risks are highlighted and resolved with no/little impact on project
• Sub-contract labour meets specification and delivers as per contract at all times
• Design and installation for customers meets specification and contract obligations and is commercially and technically sound
• On site Health & Safety of both GUK staff and GUK sub-contractors is never compromised
• Project files are always up to date and accurate so that invoicing can be completed accurately and on time
Degree, HND, NVQ Level 5 or 6 or equivalent in building services or mechanical engineering
(academic, technical and professional)
• BTEC level 2 or 3 - CAD design NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
• track record of CAD design to be able to produce designs that work
• track record in negotiation of costs
• track record in pricing projects
• track record of managing projects and delivering to timescales and budgets (For senior -
large scale projects)
• track record of managing customer relationships effectively and successfully
(e.g. PC, driving)
• Project management - proven successful experience of delivering large scale
projects within this sector
• Clean driving licence (due to site visits)
• PC literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Numerate plus
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Technical competence in heating systems
• Customer account management
• Advanced Excel
• Customer focus
• Planning and organising skills
• Commercial awareness
• Communication and influencing
• Problem solving
• Team membership
• Managing performance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Analytical thinking
• Quality focus
• Problem solving
• Strategic thinking
• Innovative and creative
The Engineer and Senior Engineer role spends time at sites and occasional travel to Italy so the jobholder will need to be comfortable with travelling by plane. Some nights away from home may be required
Send your CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW.