Recovery Coach (Care Leavers Service)
We are offering an opportunity to pilot a new approach in Somerset working with young people for whom existing pathways or provision are unsuitable. Second Step, in partnership with 1625 Independent People, is providing a new service for care leavers in Somerset who are at risk of rough sleeping and who have complex needs, including mental health needs, drug and alcohol problems, and involvement in the criminal justice system. There are 2 posts available, one employed by 1625ip and seconded to Second Step and a second post employed by Second Step. This will be a joint recruitment, so please apply through either organisation – you do not need to apply to both
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You bring experience of supporting care leavers at risk of homelessness.
- You have strong engagement skills with the ability to build and sustain relationships with service users.
- You are committed to promoting independence and supporting vulnerable young people in developing move on and recovery plans.
What you will be doing:
- You will engage and support Care Leavers in leading their journeys.
- You will work with young people and partners creatively to develop new and sustainable support and housing.
- You will support the young person to create a comprehensive network of support that is sustainable.
- You will be in linked to the specialist services team within 1625ip and line managed by the Future4Me and Wellbeing Services Manager and embedded within Second Step’s complex needs team (Somerset), supported by the Team Leader.
What we are offering:
- Training, ongoing supervision and reflective practice
- Opportunity and training to work in a psychologically informed way
- Pension contribution of 4%
- Hours per week: 22.5 (this represents 0.6 FTE)
- Contract type: 1-year fixed term with possibility of extension, subject to funding
- Pay: £19,403 - £21,192 FTE
- The location: Working across Somerset. Office bases in Taunton, Minehead, Yeovil, Street.
Please click apply to visit website
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 19th May 2019.
- If you have not heard from us by 23rd May please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 30th May (Taunton).
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.