HR Recruitment and Onboarding Manager
HR Recruitment and Onboarding Manager
Permanent Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals? - If yes then read on…”
Our client is recruiting for an experienced Recruitment and Onboarding Manager to join their established HR Team. This is an exciting new position to support their HR strategy and ensure that they continue to deliver an exceptional HR service to the business.
You are a self-motivated, confident individual with a proven track record of working within a human resources, recruitment and onboarding role within a fast-paced environment. You should have strong organisational and administration skills to actively support the company’s growth and the needs of its employees.
You need an excellent employment law knowledge to ensure that all hiring and onboarding decisions are legally compliant, good experience with phone and face to face interviews, candidate screening and evaluation. Familiarity with hiring by using social media and professional networks like LinkedIn. In addition, you will need excellent verbal and written communication skills together with strong decision-making skills.
The successful candidate should be CIPD qualified and have a qualification and/or CPD in recruitment, selection and resourcing. A CIPD level 5 Diploma in HRM would be desirable but not essential as this could be done as part of your continued professional development.
To undertake this role, you will be required to have the ability to identify and use relevant understanding, methods and skills to address broadly defined, complex problems. It includes taking responsibility for planning and developing courses of action as well as exercising autonomy and judgement within broad parameters. It also reflects understanding of different perspectives, approaches or schools of thought and the reasoning behind them.
What will be expected of you
You will be responsible for:
- Managing recruitment to ensure they hire qualified employees to meet the organisation’s current and future needs.
- Playing a key role in the development and implementation of a new recruitment and onboarding strategy within best practice guidelines
As part of this your tasks will include but not exclusive to:
- Developing and implementing creative ways of recruiting to support each distinct company
- Liaising with department managers to determine the job role and specification is accurate and will meet the business objectives
- All aspects of the recruitment and onboarding experience; from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing, hiring new employees and nurturing them through their probation.
- Leading on the induction of all new starters ensuring they have a well-planned training plan through their probationary period
- Keeping track of recruiting metrics e.g. time to hire and cost per hire
- Advising hiring managers on interviewing techniques
- Recommending ways to improve their employer brand
- Co-ordinate with the Head of HR and department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Stay up to date on employment legislation and inform managers about changes in regulations that affect recruitment activities
- Participate in career events including job fairs as appropriate
- Analysing CV’s using objective scoring mechanisms
- Developing appropriate assessments, competency-based tests and interview structures
- Ensuring that compliance is adhered to within the recruitment process
- Completing and supporting any other HR, payroll and admin tasks and projects as required
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £23.5k to £32k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status.
About the company
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary within the group produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services. A second subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. A third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The Group now includes over 250 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
They have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit. They are currently recruiting a Human Resources Recruitment and Onboarding Manager who can ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional service.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV expressing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role.
Closing date for completed applications is – Sunday 19th May 2019. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 28th May 2019. You will be contacted by Wednesday 22nd May 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.