Senior Associate Financial Services Strategy Consulting - London
7 days left
- Full Time
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Welcome to Strategy&, part of the PwC network.
We serve the world's top institutions and they are increasingly demanding practical strategies. They don't just want ideas - they want ideas brought to life that help them gain advantage in fiercely competitive global markets. Today, we are the only firm that is truly equipped to devise the right strategy and seamlessly execute it on a global scale - delivering value to our clients with speed, certainty, and impact.
By joining Strategy&, you get the best of both worlds a proud, combined 250-year consulting legacy and the chance to build a new kind of consulting firm from the ground up - one that is disrupting the entire advisory industry.
If you have bold ideas and a pioneering spirit, if you want to join a high-growth environment, and if you want to build something great - Strategy& is exactly the right place for you.
About the role
Our teams work with clients through all stages of consulting projects identifying the major issues that the client is facing, generating hypotheses against those issues, structuring & performing analyses, identifying creative but pragmatic options against potential market scenarios, developing conclusions, making strategic recommendations, and then developing plans to operationalise the agreed upon strategy.
The Strategy& team currently has an opportunity for experienced Strategy Consultants at Senior Associate grade in the Financial Service team. As a Consultant in the Financial Service team, you will have a wide range of responsibilities from client service to internal business development. You will work on client projects in teams of varying sizes and staff levels, and as a Senior Associate you will have additional responsibilities to coach and develop less experienced team members.
The team is primarily based in our More London office at London Bridge, with the majority of time spent on client sites mainly in the UK but with frequent opportunity to work abroad.
- Strategy consulting experience in a strategy house, a Big 4 firm or an in-house strategy function of a Financial Service company
- Industry Experience
- Flexible, powerful intellect
- Strong analytical skills
- Creativity and curiosity
- IQ/EQ balance and relationship skills that enables effectiveness with clients and growth into senior roles
- Possession of outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ambition to build client capabilities that deliver lasting impact
- Strong client and team orientation - active listening, commitment to others' success
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative
In this role, you will be expected to
Engagement and client management
- Support Strategy& Partners and Directors in managing and delivering client engagements from strategy development to end-to-end deliverable creation
- Use analytical, hypothesis-driven thinking to form and shape solutions to unstructured client problems
- Communicate effectively to clients and internal stakeholders through verbal and written presentations
- Manage and support teams of 1-2 junior members with a high level of independence
- Run a workstream, acting as one of a points of contact contact for clients, presenting content, fielding questions and developing solutions to problems
- Develop the project approach, including storyboarding and structuring engagement deliverables using a goal-oriented approach
- Manage the development and functioning of the project team, providing guidance and coaching to other members
Business and team development
- Develop competencies of junior consultants while managing the team workload and welfare
- Communicate within the team structure, escalating issues timely and appropriately
- Track project budgets and client billing accurately and on timeSupport senior management with project proposals and developing new business opportunities.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.