- Predominantly working from MTS Head Office in Brixham, maintaining pilot boat/Agency vessels within Brixham Harbour, but also as and when required to travel to other vessels within the fleet requiring short term maintenance/parts delivered.
- Basic PC skills, the role would suit a person who is clean, tidy methodical in their work ethic and able to think on their feet.
- Be prepared to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance to all vessel systems as requested by the owners.
- A desire to assist and develop a culture towards a preventative/predictive maintenance strategy working cross functionally with other departments
- Responsible for ensuring all vessel maintenance related record keeping and asset register data is accurate and up to date.
- Analyse, identify and rectify root causes of reoccurring faults, encompassing all aspects of maintenance activities and machine improvements
- Day to day boat maintenance.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to working hours as travel and out of hours work will be required.
- Must be conversant with the operation and maintenance of various types of marine propulsion engines in the range 500 – 1500bhp.
- Working knowledge of Generators.
- Working knowledge of marine systems hydraulic and Electrical.
- Working knowledge of boat auxiliary systems.
- Valid UK Driving licence
Apply for Shore-Based Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly