Waking Night Support Worker
Waking Night Support Worker
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Salary Details: £17,550 per annum, pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date: 30th May 2019
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37.5
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our well established team in Redruth, where we currently support an older gentlemen with a learning disability in his own home.
We are currently looking to build on our team of Waking Night Support Workers, and have a full time contract available. Working times are from 21:30pm until 8.30am the next day and flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
Duties vary for a Waking Night Support Worker and may include health and safety checks, supervisory checks of the people we support at night as well as some domestic jobs. These domestic jobs will include; keeping records and reports, cleaning and ironing.
The people we support need to be supported positively, calmly and respectfully. This positive and patient approach will allow for you to support those within the service if they wake up in the night, and will offer them reassurance.
The gentleman you will be supporting really enjoys going for walks, out for meals, doing his weekly food shop, interacting with puzzles and generally just being out and about in the community.
As a support worker, all you`ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people within our service, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Job reference: 15862
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Click below for further information and to apply!