Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Salary Details: £17,550 per annum,. pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date: 30th May 2019
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 30
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive, compassionate and caring Support Worker to join our Lostwithiel service where we support six adults with a learning disability in a supported living environment.
This is a permanent part time opportunity.
The people that we support in this service are fairly independent and mobile - the majority of the support that you will provide will revolve around daily living tasks, finances, administering medication and managing their tenancy, but that's not all. Being a Support Worker means that you also get to create some fantastic memories and take part in the fun!
When it comes to supporting the people that we support, we not only support them in all of the ways that they need, but also all of the ways that they want to be supported.
This is a really positive service, the house that these individuals live in is beautiful with a big garden - ample opportunity for BBQ's in the summer. You may be supporting the individuals in planning their meals, preparing lunches for the next day, listening to some music in the evenings and accessing evening gateway clubs.
Have a look at the additional information attached created by some of the people that we support in Lostwithiel. This will give you an idea of what the people we support what from you.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and weekends and sleep ins (payment for sleep ins is compliant and competitive with national living wage). While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own requirements – have you got commitments on a Thursday? Not to worry, we can factor this in, as well as other requests (provided you give us enough notice) into our rotas.
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges, but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
This position is based in Lostwithiel, Cornwall. Due to the requirements of the role it is essential that you are a driver.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID: 16474
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Click below for further information about the position and to apply!