Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Salary Details: £17,328 pro rata, per annum + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date: 21st May 2019
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 30
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never ‘just a job’.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive and caring Support Worker to join our service in Bath on a part time basis, either for 30 hours per week or alternatively 22.5 hours per week. Here we support 13 people with a learning disability.
The people that we support in Bath have a range of different support needs, as well as things that they like to do! The people that we support love swimming, going out for lunch, trips to the pub, and even going to see bands - it really is a lovely mix of people that we support in this service with a lot of variety for the Support Workers that work with them.
Some of the people that we support require more of a guiding hand and support with their independent living skills which could mean supporting with their laundry, cooking and healthy eating, and we also have people that we support who require their Support Worker to be a little bit more involved, supporting with personal care and medication, so it's really important that you are comfortable with this.
Have a look at the additional information attached created by one of the people that we support from an existing service in Bath. This will give you an idea of what the people we support want from you.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and sleep-ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own requirements – have you got commitments on a Thursday? Not to worry, we can factor this in, as well as other requests (provided you give us enough notice) into our rotas.
You don't need previous experience! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
This position is based in Bath.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference: 16620
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Click below for further information about the position and to apply!