Business Support Assistant
Business Support Assistant
Salary: up to £22,032 (depending on skills and experience)
Hours: 36.25 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.55 – 17.10)
Job ref: FCH313
Closing Date: Sunday 19th May 2019 (Midnight)
Interview date: Wednesday 29th May 2019
Do you want to work for a company where you can make a difference?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding Business Support Team, as a part time, permanent Business Support Assistant based at our Boston office.
We are in the process of enhancing the existing Business Support service that we offer to colleagues, so this is a fantastic time to join the team and make a real difference.
As an organisation, we have clear values that unite our Group; we put our customers first and always strive for ways to develop our vision of ‘improving lives’, while providing a ‘heartfelt service’. We are looking for a passionate individual to join the Business Support team, who will embrace our values and help to develop a culture that goes hand in hand with our Group ‘One Team, One Vision’ ethos.
The main focus of this role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to colleagues across the Group, ensuring a first class administration service is offered at all times. Tasks will include minute taking, administration of the organisation’s online My Account portal and data analysis, in addition to general administration tasks.
- Strong ICT skills are essential; with proven experience using Microsoft Office packages, including word processing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey and other software packages would be desirable.
- Embracing new technology and pro-actively using ICT to seek new ways of working is essential to ensure the team can meet business needs now, and in the future.
As a successful Business Support Assistant, you will have:
- A friendly, professional and approachable manner that enables you to work as part of a wider team.
- You will be positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated in your approach to service delivery, with excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- You must have the ability to manage and prioritise your individual workload in order to meet deadlines, while responding flexibly to requests and providing a high quality service at all times.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to Longhurst’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A contributory average salary Pension Scheme
- Generous paid annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and 3 additional concessionary days.
- A commitment to learning and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free onsite parking at majority of sites
- Company sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
Longhurst Group is one of the UK’s top 10 leading housing providers, providing more than 22,000 homes across the Midlands and the East of England, and is a leading independent provider of care and support services. Passionate about people and committed to its vision of ‘Improving Lives’, Longhurst Group does not stand still and has an exciting future ahead with ambitious growth plans for housing, care, support and community investment. Everything we do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives.
At Longhurst Group we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff and board members so we want to make sure that everyone feel supported and appreciated. Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values we will continue to shape the future making a positive difference within our local communities, creating places where people want to live.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview, copies will not be taken. Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
The Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities and invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process