2 days left
- Full Time
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the account, checking that it is on track in terms of delivery. You are the client’s day to day partner and are the expert on knowing the process from end to end. You are able to think ahead and spot problems before they could occur, contingency planning as you go. Through building solid client relationships, you will create an environment of trust where the best work can flourish. Internally you will have strong relationships with all departments and a thorough understanding of how they work and how to get the best out of them. You will work closely with planning and project management. You are the voice of the client inside the agency and the voice of the agency with the client.
- Build strong relationships with clients and across all departments within the agency.
- Plan ahead to overcome future problems before they occur.
- Be a reliable, committed support to the Account Director and allow Account Executives to gain valuable experience and supervise appropriately.
- Give other departments the data and information when and how they need it.
- Work with project management to make sure projects happen on time and within budget.
- Ensure concise, accurate Status Reports are prepared and distributed to the relevant people.
- Resolve client billing issues as required.
- Manage expectations, both to the client and within the agency.
- Accurately report on financial information and have a tight control on WIP, debtors and hours.
- Day to day billing on client account/projects and work with the Account Director or Business Director on the forecasting of income.
- Keep up to date with what’s best in class across all disciplines.
- Support the team in preparing for new business pitches, by researching consumer attitudes and analysing competitor activity.
- Liaise with Production to manage the development of creative ideas against the timing plan.
- Keep Production updated with the latest media schedules or timings plans.
- Obtain up to date media schedules and ensure timing plans are communicated and adhered to.
- Understand basic market data, trends and dynamics. Use this data to contribute to discussions on media strategy.
- Liaise with the creative team regularly and ensure they have all the necessary and relevant information.
- Get under the skin of the client to understand their needs, wants, expectations etc. to build and maintain close working relationships.
- Ensure regular internal and external status meetings are arranged and agree timings with the Account Director.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in an Advertising or Communications degree.
- 4+ years of experience in Account Management roles, including previous experience working at an Account Manager level, within a large, leading creative advertising agency.
- Experience working on large, internet/mobile brands.
- Experience working on Cannes or IPA award winning campaigns.
- Experience working on pitches.
- Experience in another market, other than the UK, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of managing/mentoring junior members of the team.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent at building relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable approach, and ability to resolve issues quickly.
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly