Youth Offending Project Manager – Families / Strategic Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Wraparound Manager
Salary: £27,000 p.a.
Job Type: Full time, Contract (Until August 2020)
The Company is a small, dynamic organisation with a forward-thinking culture. They work with young people of all ages and abilities, to challenge, inspire and support them to achieve their full potential.
They work with them in a holistic way to change the way they see themselves and change the way they behave. They combine academic and vocational courses with one-to-one mentoring and support – all tailored to meet the needs of the individual.
Wraparound is a four year National Lottery Community Fund pilot project funded until August 2020, working with up to 200 young people and their families from Lambeth who have offended or are at risk of offending. They aim to significantly reduce re-offending, improve family relationships and increase young people’s confidence and employability.
The role will oversee the development and progression pathways available for the young people, depending on their needs and availability.
You will be responsible for the effective management of project operations, external partner relationships and monitoring. In addition, they will manage and coordinate the Wraparound Team consisting of a Project Co-ordinator, Specialist Mentors, a Systemic Family Therapist, a Diversity, Educational and Professional Development Trainer and a small bank of volunteers to help deliver the project objectives.
You will liaise with statutory agencies exploring barriers to communication with young people and their families. You will oversee stakeholder forums which develop consistent and best practice approaches, enabling better communication to enhance young people's intervention support.
As a manager you will develop partnership collaborations ensuring young people strengthen positive links with their local community by accessing a wide range of activities, including employability, personal development and fun activities.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team to identify and secure sustainable income for Wraparound for future years. You will also have a strategic input into the programme evaluation, promoting the impact of Wraparound and influencing government policy and sector practices.
Working closely with the Project Co-ordinator, you will produce quarterly monitoring reports, provide regular feedback to the Big Lottery and recommendations on project progression and effective approaches to reducing offending behaviour. Attention to detail and maintaining clear oversight of targets and outcomes are essential.
Your effective communication and organisational skills will help towards making a long-term impact on developing young people, their social skills and their relationships with their families.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Effectively manage a team of mentors and external specialist consultants
- Produce quarterly reports for the National Lottery Community Fund
- Secure additional funding to develop the Wraparound Project further
- Mentor small caseload of young people
- Report monthly to CEO and Finance Manager
- Evaluate the impact of interventions, develop reports / papers to inform future practice
- Develop and maintain external partner relationships, especially within employment, education, young people, offending behaviour, Special Educational Needs and troubled families sectors
- Recording and developing best practice to prevent re-offending, social exclusion and to improve behaviour, compliance and understanding of others
- To champion the needs and aspirations of vulnerable young people ensuring they receive a high-quality service and that their voices are heard and acted on
- Work as part of the Senior Management Team
To be successful in this role, you will have/be:
- Previous experience working with young people or young adults
- Experience working in partnership with Youth Offending Services, Social Care, Youth Offender Institutions, Education
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills
- Effective communication with young people and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- DBS disclosure
- Qualifications and/or training in Criminal Justice, Youth Work, Community Development and/or Social Services
- Must be focussed on beneficiaries progression, team development and project outcomes
- Professional, flexible and creative in approach to work
- Committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity and equality
- Must be able to work effectively in a team and on own initiative
They are an equal opportunities employer and it is their policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and on merit regardless of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Manager, Project Team Leader, Project Supervisor, Project Management, Service Delivery Coordinator, Senior Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager, Trainee Project Manager will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Youth Offending Project Manager – Families / Strategic Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly