- Full Time
Exciting opportunity to commence and develop your career within international development, working with a leading, global not-for-profit organisation specialising in the management of large programmes and projects to accelerate self-sufficiency and prosperity around the globe.
Parkhouse Bell are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading international development organisation to recruit a Procurement Specialist, to be based from their UK offices in central London. This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the procurement team and their clients to deliver improved outcomes for citizens in developing countries through world class procurement. Working with Regional Directors you will assist in identifying and winning new procurement assignments and provide technical procurement input to various projects.
- Work with Regional Directors to win new procurement projects
- Assist the Director of Procurement to grow a profitable and sustainable pipeline
- Provide inputs into marketing and promotion materials
- Provide technical inputs into Expression of Interests and Bids
- Representing and promote the organisation at external events
- Deliver technical inputs on specified procurement assignments
- Act as Project Manager for allocated projects
- Ensuring contracted annual financial target are met or exceeded
- Ensuring deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality
- Ensuring Risks are mitigated and managed
- Ensuring Client and partner relationships are managed
- Purchase goods in compliance with the organisations procedures and standards of ethical procurement, donor guidelines and end user requirements
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years previous experience within a procurement role is essential.
- Strong communication, organisational and forward thinking skills.
- A degree or previous experience within International Development is desirable but not essential
In return you will be offered a starting salary of GBP25,000-GBP29,000pa depending on skills and experience plus a benefits package.