Big Data Engineer
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we're just getting started.
Right now, we're on the hunt for a Data Engineer with an interest in machine learning to join our Data team. In this role, you will help us to build scalable, robust data systems in order to process tens of thousands of requests Depop receives every second. As we grow, there is an increasing demand for all this data from all over the business, and our ability to make informed business decisions is increasingly dependent on the availability and reliability of this data.
We're currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Take ownership of the performance and availability of our data related services
- Play a key role in the build-out, migration to, and operation of our big data infrastructure using AWS Kinesis/Kafka, Glue, Redshift and Apache Spark
- Build tools to make data accessible to a wider audience in the business
- Take part in our on-call rotation
- You are passionate about crafting clean code
- Good foundation in building data pipelines
- You think of infrastructure as code
- Strong experience in one or more high-level languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS data platform (Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, S3)
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Published code on GitHub, or participation in an open source projec