Senior HR Manager
Could you deliver a high-quality HR Service to our Managers in Vehicle Certification Agency?
Are you an effective and engaging leader?
If so, this exciting role as our Senior HR Manager is for you, and we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Manager to join the Vehicle Certification Agency. You will have the opportunity to provide strategic HR support to our workforce in the UK and overseas.
You will work closely with a range of colleagues across the Department for Transport to develop and improve policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Lead the delivery the full range of services including employee relations and engagement, workforce planning, recruitment, pay and reward, performance management, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, health and well-being;
• Develop people strategies that support business needs and implement corporate-wide initiatives/processes;
• Provide operational and strategic solutions to senior managers, contributing to the achievement of key business objectives and targets;
• Lead, guide and support the team in providing an effective support service to all VCA employees and customers promoting a culture of continuous improvement;
• Coach and support HR managers;
• Support the development of wider Agency business activity;
• Direct Line management responsibilities for a team of 4.
You will be required to regularly travel to locations within the UK.
You are CIPD qualified or willing to work towards attaining a level 5 or higher qualification. You have in-depth knowledge and significant experience of working in a HR environment. A deeply engaging leader, you have the capability to build trusted relationships and an inclusive spirit for your team.
You communicate effectively, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding in your responses to sensitive issues. You are resilient, with strong influencing and negotiating skills to expertly handle challenging conversations. With a pro-active approach, you have the capability to provide solutions to business challenges and needs.
Closing date: 20 May 2019