Trusts & Foundations Manager
- Full Time
Working for a children's hospice, this is an opportunity for an experienced Trust Fundraiser to join this dynamic, fun and forward thinking fundraising team.
Take the lead in shaping strategy for Trusts and Foundations fundraising for the next five years to deliver growth. There's an established portfolio of Trust funders, and the successful candidate will have the confidence and experience to maximise income from these, whilst developing new funding opportunities.
- Working with the Head of Fundraising, to develop and establish a long-term Trusts and Foundations strategy for growth of both restricted and unrestricted income streams.
- To develop annual work plans and income targets.
- To monitor regularly and forecast progress against long-term strategy, annual work plans and budgets.
- Income Generation & Management
- To maximise income from Trusts and Foundations.
- To be responsible for managing the Trusts income budget, prioritising funding for core activities.
- To work closely with the Care team and senior management to identify work that meets the funding interests of donors and prospects.
- To prepare well targeted funding applications and to produce timely narrative and financial reports.
- To prepare project budgets in partnership with the finance team and to monitor expenditure when reporting back to funders.
- To monitor on a regular basis Trusts' funding interests, income and expenditure trends, information about Trustees, application procedures etc.
- To keep up to date on external developments in Trusts fundraising and to participate in the Institute of Fundraising Trusts Special Interest Group.
- To maintain and develop relationships with current funders.
- To research and evaluate new prospective Trust and Foundation donors and to work with the Head of Fundraising to develop appropriate approach strategies.
- To cultivate relationships with existing and prospective Trusts and Foundations, including individual Trustees where appropriate, through a combination of long-term support and commitment.
- To acknowledge promptly donations from Trusts and Foundations.
- To represent the Hospice at public events as necessary.
- To maintain up to date records of all communications with Trusts and to ensure that all information is recorded accurately on the database.
- To maintain donor contact details in compliance with data protection legislation and fundraising best practices.
- To take responsibility for maintaining and administering current office systems.
- To develop materials, social media and digital initiatives with the Communications team to engage with donors.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of Trusts and Foundations fundraising and bid writing.
- Proven experience of securing substantial funding from Trusts and Foundations.
- Proven success in delivering results against set targets.
- Experience of building effective relationships with individuals in helping solicit support from Trusts and Foundations.
- Experience of strategy writing.
- An interest in and understanding of trends in Trusts and Foundations fundraising.
- Possesses highly developed written skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively engage others and build positive and trusted working relationships.
- Able to organise and plan own work, identifying conflicting demands and establishing clear priorities in order to meet agreed objectives.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Has an assertive approach and attitude.
- Has a positive and flexible approach to work.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Uses creativity and imagination.
- Committed to ongoing personal development and training.
- Has enthusiasm for and commitment to the work.
My client is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Aumida is committed to promoting equal opportunities, encouraging applications from all members of the community. Candidates are shortlisted based on competencies and ability to do the job.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to respond to the most suitable candidates. Please ensure that you have the relevant skills and experience for the role before you hit apply.