Recruitment Agency reference:
Venn Group have been approached by a public sector organisation in Lancashire to recruit for a Senior Buyer. The start date will be as soon as possible and the position will run for 6 weeks. It is paying between GBP14-GBP19 per hour, including holiday pay (depending on experience).
- Supervise a dedicated buying team aligned to a selected customer base
- Lead on specific/allocated contract projects against agreed timescales and outcomes customers. This will include sourcing and procuring goods, equipment, materials and services that meet requirements by demonstrating value for money and promoting an integrated approach to procurement
- Provide professional advice to users in respect of the procurement process, including EU regulations and required process to be followed
- Contribute as part of the procurement team (tower) to the strategy and direction of the tower.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and local policies/standards/procedures throughout the procurement process
- Identify and deliver projects and efficiencies to achieve agreed performance targets.
- Day to day management of Buyer and Assistant Buyer as required and directed by the Procurement Manager
- Public Sector/NHS Experience
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths Grade C or above
- Degree or diploma level graduate (CIPS or procurement related), or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of working within a purchasing and supply environment with demonstrable achievements
- Buying experience within a large multi-functional organisation
- Experience of managing staff
- Management of complex data analysis
- Team working (incl. leading) experience
- Ability to adjust strategy seamlessly
- Strong purchasing and supply chain expertise, and ability to demonstrate success in achieving VFM
- Tendering and project management expertise
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A good 'people person' able to effectively influence and persuade people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Joshua McGreal or Jonathan Buckley on and email your updated CV to .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.