HR & Payroll Assistant / HR Administrator
Job Title: HR & Payroll Assistant
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 depending on experience + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hour: 37 hrs per week
This company is the UK's leading independent provider of fleet incident management and specialist vehicle recovery services. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to add a HR & Payroll Assistant to our existing HR team. The ideal person will be service-oriented and have a strong attention to the detail, with the ability to work quickly under pressure and prioritise high work volumes.
The HR and Payroll Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR team, collating the monthly payroll, carrying out key processes and ensuring all HR systems, records & trackers are up-to-date.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners to issue contracts, offers of employment, changes to terms and conditions, pay increases, probation letters and set up and process new starters.
- Carry out all leaver administration, drafting leaver letters, issuing exit surveys and responding to all reference enquiries.
- Deliver an accurate and authorised monthly payroll: Ensure that all payroll changes are checked, approved and submitted in accordance with payroll process, including overtime, unpaid absence (including calculating SSP eligibility), maternity & adoption leave
- Maintain accurate data on all HR systems and trackers
- Act as the main point of contact for all queries relating to parental leave, flexible work, maternity and paternity requests, including calculation of holidays etc.
- Previous experience of working in Payroll and HR is essential; with a strong understanding of the Payroll and HR legislation and processes, strong IT skills (Word, Excel, HR databases and systems)
- Highly conscientious, with a logical and rule-oriented approach and strong attention to detail. Discrete, confidential, careful and calm under pressure. Able to work to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and service-oriented, you will be a good communicator, with good listening and questioning skills, able to quickly develop rapport with others. You will be able to manage internal customer expectations particularly during periods of high volume work (payroll collation, end-of-month reporting etc)
- You will be an effective team player, who is equally able to work independently, able to manage and prioritise your workload effectively
What's in it for you?
You'll enjoy some fantastic benefits too, for instance:
- Competitive base salary, reviewed annually
- Bonus of £600 - £1200 based on performance, paid quarterly
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with service to 28 + bank holidays
- 3x salary death-in-service benefit
- Pension - 5% employee, 3% employer
- SAYE scheme (enabling you to buy discounted shares via a savings scheme)
- Opportunities to develop - training actively encouraged
- Free on-site parking or Free shuttle bus from town centre
- Free tea & coffee, on-site café
- Modern break out areas with kitchen facilities and TV area, and shower facilities for those that want to take advantage of their cycle to work scheme.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, and hold the relevant skills, click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Human Resources Executive, Human Resources Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Assistant, Junior HR Advisor, Human Resources Administrator, Payroll Administrator, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Payroll Executive, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Admin, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer will also be considered for this role.