IT Support Engineer / IT Technician / 1st - 2nd Line Support
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £22,000
Job type: Permanent, Full time
A market-leading company specialising in self-service, information and patient call technologies, are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join the team based in West London.
They are looking for confident communicators with dedication and enthusiasm, who are able to train end users with varying degrees of computer skills, giving them the essential skills to help perform their day-to-day jobs with the company's applications.
- Delivering support to their GP Surgery customers by Web, face to face, or over the telephone
- Running top-up training sessions and acting as trouble-shooters where remote support is inconclusive
- Taking escalated customer support calls
- Providing support via phone and Internet dial-in
- Providing support on site
- Trained to assist Operations Manager in all tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, i. Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc (desirable) but enough exposure to the below technologies will be considered more than a formal qualification
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Technical expertise shall include experience with Microsoft Windows and with standard off-the-shelf applications software, operating systems (Windows and Linux) and TCP/IP Networking
- Basic understanding of networking including firewalls and routing
- Proven experience as customer support for a technology company is preferable but not essential
- Confident public speakers, with personality and professionalism
- Real enthusiasm for working with a wide variety of people
- Ability to be calm and patient under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and client interaction skills
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills Proactive and positive at all time
- Virtual Box and Wireshark shouldn't be strangers as we are effectively looking for an IT enthusiast to join the team and grow into a fully qualified IT Support Engineer.
This is an entry level position so new graduates can be considered but they are looking for someone that can be promoted to a higher role from year two.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Support Engineer, Support Technician, Desk Support, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, 1st Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, 2nd Line Engineer, Helpdesk Support and Fault Desk may also be considered for this role.