Digital Producer (News and Sport)
North Wales Live is seeking a brilliant all-round journalist to be a digital producer for its news, sport and features content.
Based in Colwyn Bay, the successful candidate will need to be ambitious, brimming with ideas and able to demonstrate highly-tuned digital publishing and social media skills.
The role is shift based, including weekend working, and will involve sourcing, writing, re-writing and publishing first-class content across all digital channels.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience in 2019.
- To provide weekend digital support to the sports department
- To rewrite and re-package sports content from other centres within agreed company guidelines
- To oversee weekend sports content and social media accounts
- To generate weekend-focussed features and evergreen content utilising trends data as required by the Executive Editor: Audience Growth and Engagement
- To source and write news stories and to cover the breaking news liveblog when required
- Enhance audience recirculation through the use of links, grids and other digital tools
- Upload, edit and package video and audio content for publication on digital platforms
- Enhance content with digital tools such as Google maps, data overlays, quizzes, polls and HTML into content
- Ensure brand character is maintained on digital platforms and that digital best practice and style guides are adhered to in terms of metadata, optimisation and content formatting
- Manage publication of content onto digital section fronts and home pages as directed by the content desk and Executive Editor: Audience Growth and
- Engagement to ensure regular flow of content to meet audience targets and deliver to audience spikes
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Reach's editorial and company policies, and ensuring these standards are upheld across the newsroom.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates must demonstrate excellent online storytelling techniques, superb social media skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging to digital and social media audiences.
They must be fast, organised and accurate and have an acute sense of how to create and present content that drives online traffic.
We expect candidates to have the National Qualification of Journalism or equivalent but will consider, in special circumstances, applicants without this who have an exceptional track record in digital publishing.
An interest in news and sport plus a clean driving licence are preferable.
Salary depending on experience.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.