Live Digital Content Editor
Would you like to be part of the team driving digital content for the award-winning Liverpool Echo? You will be commissioning stories and briefing reporters in one of the newsiest areas in the country.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience in 2019.
- Oversee the delivery and publication of quality digital-first content, accurately and consistently to deadline
- Ensure we meet agreed content mix, focus and standard
- Maintain and drive standards
- Brief MMJ staff to ensure content is right first time and assist in guiding and coaching MMJ staff
- Support Executive Editor Live News in the mentoring and management of reporting team - including Local Democracy and Facebook community reporters
- Compile and manage content lists as required
- Liaise with photographic and video teams
- Submit ideas for new digital content
- Create bespoke digital packages
- Oversee forward planning
- Oversee the delivery of newsletters
- Oversee homepage, mobile and app management in accordance with audience data and audience demands
- Support and encourage innovative digital storytelling techniques
- Run break-out live blogs
- Good working knowledge of Escenic tools and the ability to use them
- Basic video editing and uploading
- Excellent understanding of search and social headlines
- Create photo galleries and objects for digital platforms
- Monitor tags
- Promote recirculation best-practice
- Work flexibly across all platforms as need arises
- Prepare and send 'push' notifications
- Manage and moderate Gigya comments
- Play a key role in achieving monthly targets
- Help Executive Editor Live News deliver 121 sessions with team
The Ideal Candidate
You must be a qualified journalist, ideally with at least two years as a senior reporter in a busy newsroom, and have great people skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.