Marketing and Communications Officer / Marketing Executive
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Officer
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The College is a leading distance learning provider and an educational charity and has a good reputation with a strong track record and is positioned for growth and further success.
In line with that growth they are looking for an experienced and dedicated Marketing and Communications Officer to plan and implement their marketing activities and campaigns. You will contribute to ensuring the marketing operations are successful in meeting the goals set by management. The goal is to ensure that the marketing efforts of the company add the highest value to its business.
- Contribute to the development of the marketing plan
- Design and implementation of marketing strategies
- Develop, coordinate and implement targeted advertising and promotional Campaigns for courses and services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
- Liaise with the wider network of stakeholders to promote success of activities and enhance the company's presence
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
- Conduct market research, including competitor analysis, to identify opportunities for promotion and growth to better inform the college's marketing strategy
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses
- Prepare reports and briefings for management and trustees
- Develop course information brochures, press releases and other communications as required
- Contribute to keeping the College's website up to date and engaging.
- Organise events, attend education fairs or meetings, as required, to market the college to prospective students and sponsors
- Ensure all marketing activities are GDPR compliant
- Proven experience as marketing officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Experience of using marketing software (e. CRM, e shot platforms )
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
- Experience with SEO, keyword research and PPC
- Excellent relevant IT skills, and proficient in Wordpress
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Ideally educated to degree level with a relevant marketing qualification [or working towards it]
- Excited by the transformative potential of lifelong learning
- An understanding of the importance of accurate information and the ability to tailor it for different audiences
- Strong copywriting skills
- Project management to time and budget
- Hands-on approach and can-do approach, capable of working in a collaborative and effective manner with colleagues at all levels.
- 23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Group life scheme
- Employee discount on College courses as well as other training and development opportunities
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Administrator, Marketing Associate, Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, Marketing Analyst, B2B Marketing, Communications Executive, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Officer, Comms Officer, Marketing Co-ordinator, B2C Marketing, Marketing Manager, Internal Communications Officer, Public Relations Manager, PR Executive may also be considered for this role.