Project Manager - Local Council
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £35,795 - £40,454 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 12th May 2019
The Council is transforming how it works. Developing technologies, customer expectations and external budget pressures mean they need to modernise and rethink how they deliver their services.
Their commitment to change runs through every level of the organisation, led by their Chief Executive, and over recent months they've worked to establish an ambitious Council wide programme of change.
They are currently recruiting Project Managers to join the Corporate Transformation Team, tasked with delivering services fit for the future.
You will know from experience that change isn't always easy, but it is interesting, involved and challenging so applicants will need to have the right skills and experience, from across a wide range of services ideally within the Public Sector to be successful.
- To provide project management level oversight and expertise to the Transformational Programme
- Represent the Programme Manager / Assistant Director of Transformation & Digital as required at various forums including project boards, CMT, workshops
- To assist in the planning, commissioning, implementing, performance monitoring and evaluating transformational programmes and any delegated budgets
- To assist in the management of risks to the programmes successful outcome
- To support the transformation programme in the successful design, solution and management of complex strategic Business Change Programmes requiring innovation and challenge and to be responsible for the ongoing benefit realisation including efficiencies and savings to the Council that align to customer needs and corporate priorities
- To be responsible to Programme Manager / Assistant Director of Transformation & Digital throughout the business change lifecycle and actively participate and contribute at key meetings
- To have a thorough and robust knowledge to enable the delivery of complex Business Change projects via the application of Business Change methodologies to deliver efficiency savings at a strategic level that align to customer needs and corporate priorities
- To communicate verbally with customers, and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English
- Ability to influence policy and practice and manage change, influencing other professionals to adopt new ways of working
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with the ability to relay complex information to those at varying levels of understanding
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working
- Effective budget management skills
- Able to influence and lead people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to write and present reports, strategies and action plans
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of programme management including large scale change programmes
- Significant experience in delivering large scale change projects
- Matrix Management - Experience of successfully managing the delivery of projects outside of own line management control
- Educated to Degree level or Postgraduate Diploma
- Prince 2 or equivalent recognised project management qualification
What they can offer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for all staff and customers
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Manager, Project Team Leader, Project Supervisor, Project Management, Service Delivery Coordinator, Corporate Transformation, Public Sector Project Manager, Council Project Manager may also be considered for this role.