Mechanical Fitter - East Kilbride
Skytec Aviation are looking to recruit a mechanical fitter to join our team. You will be responsible for performing mechanical maintenance and overhaul on a variety of industrial gas turbine ancillary units including fuel and hydraulic pumps, IGV rams and fuel control units.
Activities include; striping, inspecting, repairing, rebuilding, and testing these units using s variety of hand tools and inspection equipment with some occasional machining and painting of parts. Other responsibilities include; operational testing and electrical continuity checks, stores, receipt and despatch, complying with all H&S requirements, following the company quality procedure and ensuring the workplace is clean and tidy.
- Time served in a mechanical apprenticeship
- Ability to work efficiently to exacting standards
- High attention to detail
- Accurately inspect/measure components
- Be able to write a report of your findings
- Be adaptable and willing to diversify into new areas
- Gas turbine experience
- An understanding of rig testing components
- Electrical experience would be advantageous
- Mechanical pump experience
Day shift, 8:30am-4:30pm Monday - Friday
Click below for further information and to apply with a copy of your CV!