5 days left
- Full Time
Are you interested in learning Engineering and Maintenance tasks involved in the process of producing paper? Part of the UPM-Kymmene group, Caledonian Paper is the UK's only manufacturer of Magazine paper using the latest technology to produce high volume, high quality products for demanding markets at home and abroad. The Company has been established in Irvine, Ayrshire for more than 30 years and has a reputation for offering high quality employment and development opportunities.
Currently we are looking for Engineering Apprentices starting in August 2019.
Our Maintenance Department plays a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy and reliability. Currently, we have opportunities for Engineering Apprentices to develop through the Modern Apprenticeship route, with the potential to take higher technical qualifications.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy, efficiency and safety
- Maintain and develop our production line and power station safely and in accordance with specifications, schedules, safety targets, and quality standards
- Troubleshoot engineering problems pertaining to equipment, machines, and design
Who you are
- You are eager to learn the skills to be able to contribute to the success of Caledonian Paper
- You have achieved or are expecting to achieve by August 2019 three National 5s or above (grades A to C) in Maths and English, and either a Science (Physics preferred) or Technical subject
- You are confident with using computers
- You are interested in developing a career in engineering
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Is this the opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application!
Click below for further information and to apply with your CV.
Closing date: 24th May 2019.
Apply for Engineering Apprentices
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly