Corporate Development Executive
Job title: Corporate Development Executive
The purpose of the role is to develop and continually review the Bunzl plc global footprint by analysis of markets and sectors with a focus on identifying and delivering new opportunities that will drive Bunzl growth ambitions. Research specifically the opportunities for profitable growth in existing sectors and within new countries.
Location: London, with extensive travel
• Identify potential new business opportunities through research, working with country managers and responding to inbound broker communications.
• Analyse and evaluate new opportunities.
• Engage with new business prospects and present the Bunzl success “story”
• Assist in preparing quality financial analysis and make recommendations to the Board of potential opportunities.
• Lead the process for small acquisitions and support on larger deals working closely with legal department and business area staff.
• Assist in managing the annual Strategic Planning process and input to the overall Group Strategy.
• Provide day to day support in all areas of Corporate Development, working with people at all levels in the organisation and business units worldwide.
Qualifications & experience required:
• Graduate and post graduate qualification(s) - (MBA or CIMA or ACA).
• Gained 5 to 10 years’ experience in a combination of investment banking or corporate finance environment.
• Overseas M&A experience, preferably in country as well as cross boarder experience.
• Numerate, with experience of business analysis (covering strategy, competitor analysis and the evaluation of new business opportunities) and possibly strategic planning and corporate development gained in a commercial arena.
• Able to demonstrate the successful application of skills for “one-off” project work in a non-hierarchical, demanding environment, requiring definitive action and conclusions.
• Experience of working closely with senior management of plc business.
• Able to demonstrate a real interest in the business and commercial aspects of the role.
• Ability to speak foreign language
Salary range: from £90,000 to a maximum £105,000
Closing date: 21 May 2019