Marketing Manager - Cardiff (1 Year FTC)
Reach plc are looking for a Marketing Manager to join us on a 1 year fix term contract, covering the South Wales and Devon & Cornwall region. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for raising the profile, relevancy and importance of our regional brands.
You will work to increase awareness of your brands and their campaigns, driving engagement and loyalty with our audience through all platforms. You will work to create positive brand sentiment and help drive our commercial digital revenue forward.
We are looking for a creative thinker with a digital approach, who has a proven track record in generating and implementing effective, creative multi-channel marketing campaigns.
This role will be based in Cardiff or Plymouth, and will require travel across the South Wales, South West regions as required.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential regional newsbrands such as Wales Online, Manchester Evening News and Liverpool Echo, and national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Work closely with editors to identify, shape and launch marketing initiatives that raise our profile, chime with our target audiences, build loyalty and everyday engagement.
WalesOnline, Devon Live and Cornwall Live etc
- Increase audience reach and drive loyalty through new digital platforms
- Respond quickly to marketplace opportunities to creatively capitalise upon them profitably and in line with our marketing and audience goals
- Drive print loyalty across the region. Maximise print purchase and loyalty with Reach-wide subscription campaigns and NS driving content campaigns
The Ideal Candidate
- Creative thinker with positive digital approach
- Self-starter with drive and determination to deliver objectives
- Commitment to drive change
- A strong negotiator
- Persuasive - encourage innovation/improvement in others
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an aptitude for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - deliver complex ideas and concepts in a clear understandable format at all levels
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record in generating and implementing effective, creative multi-channel campaigns
- A passionate user of new digital media and technology for example apps, devices, blogs, social platforms
- Proven track record of building positive relationships at all levels within a complex organisation and to external businesses through partnerships for the benefit of both parties
- Proven track record in problem solving
- Passionate user of new digital media and technology for example apps, devices, blogs, social platforms
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application. Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at