Maintenance Fitters / Engineers & Electricians
1 day left
- Full Time
Maintenance Fitters / Engineers & Electricians, Troon
Glennon Brothers is a leading timber processor in the British Isles.
We supply both the UK and Irish markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries.
We also manufacture timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. Glennon Brothers has over 460 employees with plants in Troon and Edinburgh in Scotland and in Longford, Fermoy and Arklow in Ireland.
Our people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business.
- Over the past four years we have invested over £25 million across the Group this included a state-of-the-art combined heat and power plant in Troon.
- As the company prepares for continued growth and investment we wish to recruit, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers / Mechanical Fitters & Industrial Electricians to join our busy maintenance department based in Troon.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be either an experienced
- Maintenance fitter or Industrial Electrician.
- Both disciplines biased towards a maintenance background, with good fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Your role will be to carry out proactive and reactive maintenance on plant equipment.
Equipment will include
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems,
- Compressors, fans, conveyors, motors and PLC’s.
Knowledge of maintaining & servicing saw-milling equipment would also be desirable though not essential as full training will be given.
All applicants should hold City & Guilds or similar vocational qualifications and have completed an apprenticeship or recognised training in mechanical or electrical disciplines.
These positions would suit
- Energetic and organized, problem-solvers with observant and analytical personalities, strong attention to detail and capacity to prioritize tasks.
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in a heavy industry sector would be ideal.
- Knowledge of relevant standards in a heavy production environment is important.
- Excellent interpersonal & team working skills are needed as is proficiency in the English language and eligibility to work in Scotland.
We operate a 7 day shift production rota that requires a Multiple Shift Maintenance Routine to support it. For this we offer a competitive hourly rate of pay and remuneration package to successful applicants. These are permanent roles based in Troon.
Please click on apply to send CV
Apply for Maintenance Fitters / Engineers & Electricians
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly