Video Reporter - Liverpool Echo
Telling and enhancing stories through compelling video is a key part of the Liverpool Echo's drive to attract and engage with readers.
If you believe you have the skills, vision, creativity and commitment to make a telling contribution to our team, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a Video Reporter to join our busy newsroom. As a Video Reporter you will be responsible for creating compelling, original, shareable video for publication across web, app and social media platforms. You will work directly with department heads to fully understand stories in order for you to tell these through video.
We are looking for someone who is confident creating and editing video and audio content to a high standard, which will help to drive and achieve our video audience targets.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right candidate to join one of the UK biggest and best regional news publications.
This one covers general roles (Print, HR, Finance, all Editorial, Digital, Finance, IT, Marketing) If you believe you have the skills, vision, creativity and commitment to make a telling contribution to our team, we would like to hear from you.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience in 2019.
- Work with the content publishers and publishing editors to establish workflows for efficient publishing of video across our web, app and social media platforms
- Spot opportunities for creating video content from all content areas
- Support the content publishers and writers in editing video as required
- Work with content editors and writers to establish opportunities to tell stories through video and audio
- Work with pace and creativity to support breaking news stories with engaging video and audio
- Ability to write video captions and stories
- Use forward planning calendar and news diary to maximise video opportunities from planned events and diary dates
- Understand how to create video that readers will share on social media
- Ensure brand values are maintained and that digital publishing best-practice is adhered to at all times
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
- Create and share content in a way which meets standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, brand values, legal accuracy and IPSO compliance
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to film and edit video and audio on mobile, social and desktop apps Ability to use image manipulation software for cropping, pixilation and graphics
- Great social media understanding and professional experience of using social media platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Clip, OBS Software and Audition would be required
- Understand legal issues around sourcing, filming and publishing video and audio
- Good understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Some experience of working with professional cameras and equipment
- Confident in front of the camera
- An understanding of digital publishing best practice, and high publishing standards
- Organised and efficient, able to prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
Driving licence is desired. This role would also require some weekend work on a rota basis.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.