Salary: £22,188 per annum
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week during term time with some days during school holidays
Responsible to: Coordinator
Effective Date: 3rd June 2019
Red Balloon Cambridge is a Learner Centre for the recovery of bullied children. We provide a safe environment for children who have experienced severe bullying, anxiety or other trauma. We aim to help rebuild their self esteem and to re engage with learning.
Red Balloon Cambridge offers places to a maximum of 17 students. There are around 20 part time staff who work with students individually or in small groups.
The Administrator works closely with the Coordinator and with all staff, students, parents/carers, trustees, volunteers and visitors to the Centre and is a participating member of the community.
Red Balloon and the Trustees will be accountable for all working arrangements and welfare provision.
The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Centre. Working closely with the Coordinator, s/he provides adminstration support and ensures the smooth running of the Centre's administative and financial operations.
- Enrolling new students at RBC
- Updating the RBC calendar
- Notifying relevant staff when a student is absent
- Staff inductions, DBS checks and maintenance of staff records including the Single Central Register
- Recruitment administration
- Managing staff and student records
- Sourcing and ordering resources and materials
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone enquires
- Reporting to Trustees, Red Balloon Group, DfE ISI and commissioning agencies
- Other duties as requested by the Coordinator
- Arranging and recording checks on safety systems e.g. alarms, fire safety, PAT testing
- Obtaining quotes and overseeing repairs, arranging annual services
- Assisting the Health & Safety Officer to carry out and record fire drills
- Paying and raising invoices
- Working with the Bookkeeper on accounting and preparing the annual budget
- Keeping a record of donations
- Monitoring bank accounts
- Administering payroll
- Maintaining a petty cash system
- Educated to A level or equivalent (essential)
- Degree level education (desirable)
- Computer literate - secure knowledge of Word and Escel, and ability to pick up new software quickly (essential)
- Familiarity using the internet to research, place orders (essential)
- Good level of numeracy and literacy (essential)
- Familiarity with basic financial transactions e,g,; making payments online, running petty cash (essential)
- Ability to deal assertively with competing demands and prioritise effectively (essential)
- Desire to support young people living with mental health difficulties (essential)
- Familiarity with the education system (desirable)
- Familiarity with Google Docs (desirable)
- Self Management - Manages personal priorities, pressures and workload in an efficient proactive and effective way
- Communications - Listens to and communicates with individuals and groups professionally, clearly and supportively. Is aware of the need for confidentiality, tact and sensitivity.
- Equality and Diversity - Is constantly mindul of equality and diversity issues in providing services, and seeks to avoid discrimination
- Flexible and Adaptable - Responds positively to unexpected changes in the routine of the Centre and to any new requests that may arise
The Centre is committed to safeguarding children and all staff must undergo a DBS check and have two suitable references before they can start work.
All work performed/duties undertaken must be carried out in accordance with relevant Red Balloon policies and procedures, within legislation, and with regard to the needs of students, staff and parents.
Post holders will be expected to be flexible in their duties and carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the general scope of the job, as requested by Red Balloon.
Please click apply below for further information and the application prcoess!
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 17th May 2019.
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd May