Salary: £20,500 plus excellent benefits
Temporary Fixed Term Contract (12 month contract)
37 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to work in a modern, green and award winning office environment with an innovative and progressive housing association lettings team.
Two Rivers Housing is a progressive and forward-thinking housing association committed to creating great homes and supporting communities. With our strongly held values of customer focus and continuous improvement, we want our customers to be excited by the service we provide and inspired by the homes and communities we improve and create. We are particularly proud to have earned our place in the Sunday Times ‘Top 100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to Work For’ and we have held the Investors in People ‘Gold’ accreditation for several years now.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lettings Assistant to join our busy Housing department, supporting the delivery of an efficient and customer focused lettings and voids management service.
You will be managing the allocations of properties from start to finish including dealing with advertising of properties, shortlisting applications, making offers, organising pre-tenancy assessments, processing void works, working closely with other team members to support the process to turn around void properties as quickly and efficiently as possible and raising void recharges. In addition, you will assist with the provision of providing aids and adaptations to our properties and the management of tenant improvement requests. As part of the role you will be required to maintain relevant databases throughout the process and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to along the way.
To be considered for this position, the following criteria are essential:
- Previous demonstrable experience in an administrative role (2 years plus)
- A commitment to delivering high standards of customer service
- Experience of working effectively with other services and third parties
- Ability to direct, manage and prioritise own workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills with experience in MS Office and MIS/database packages
Additionally, it would be highly desirable to have:
- Experience in dealing with people with identified vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of Choice Based Lettings systems
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- A Housing Management qualification