Apprentice Software Developer
Software development is one of the fastest growing industry sectors in the world, Digital Academy Cornwall is offering an exciting opportunity for graduates who want to make a career in this exciting field.
Software development is one of the fastest growing and most exciting industry sectors in Cornwall, and the world. Career-oriented graduates who want to learn a profession from the bottom up and earn a top salary in Cornwall within a short space of time, will be interested in this fantastic opportunity. Digital Academy Cornwall is a collaboration between Software Cornwall and Cornwall College to develop the technical skills needed across Cornwall to deliver the growth ambitions of our thriving tech sector. So whether you like the idea of software development, app development, managing projects, user experience, software testing, web development or anything in between, read on as this is the opportunity for you!
The Digital Academy is looking for:
You don’t need to have any prior knowledge or experience, we are just looking for graduates who feel they have got two or more of the following aptitudes, skills and/or experiences:
- Graduates with a logical, methodical approach – everything has to be organised and done in the right order!
- Natural interest in how techy things work; you like to get hands on and figure things out whether that’s your phone or apps or websites.
- Interest in software, web development and/or gaming; perhaps you have dabbled with computer code before, played with raspberry pi or built a website?
- Good creative problem solving, team work and communication skills with the ability to learn quickly….
What you will get:
- A good salary
- Work for 4 days a week with one of our fantastic employers getting hands-on experience and learning on the job from skilled professionals; you will be doing practical work from the outset
- Full training for one day a week with experts delivering the latest training at the Cornwall College Digital Academy, and a recognised qualification
- The opportunity to train alongside other Apprentice Software Developers
- Opportunities to earn outstanding graduate salaries and build a really rewarding, long-term career, right here in Cornwall (or actually anywhere as these skills are transferrable internationally - although of course we would love you to stay!)
Digital Academy Cornwall is a collaboration between Software Cornwall and Cornwall College, we work with graduates and leading tech employers in Cornwall to develop the technical skills needed to deliver the growth ambitions of our thriving tech sector.
The companies you could be working with include:
Bluefruit, which specialises in delivering embedded and IoT software solutions.
DuesDay, the app that is changing the way we pay our bills and reinventing the direct debit.
Headforwards, outsourcing software specialists.
Hi9, the tech agency providing bot design & bot workshops.
Other Application Details
What to do:
Click ‘Apply Now’ and attach your CV which will be sent to the Apprenticeship team at Cornwall College who will phone you to discuss your requirements, help you apply for the roles and talk to you about the next steps. They will also contact you about any other opportunities which arise between your application date and the start of the job - Easy.
The Apprenticeships will start in the last week of August 2019.
Applications must be submitted via the Unlocking Potential Jobs Website