Qualified Nursery Nurse / Group Leader
R14420 Qualified Nursery Nurse / Group Leader
Are you an experienced qualified Nursery Nurse?
Come and Join our Family
Care is at the Heart of our Ethos
The Family Centre is open weekdays for 45 weeks and 3 days a year from 08:15 to 17:45. We currently cater for 50 children from the ages of 6 weeks until 5 years.
We are extremely excited to be moving to a brand new 3 million pound facility in August 2019, which will enable us to grow and develop and cater for 104 children. It will offer fantastic facilities on a beautiful half-acre site within the main Streatham Campus in Exeter.
The below full time, permanent position is available immediately:
We pride ourselves in treating all children as individuals and work hard to promote independence and learning through play in an anti-discriminatory and welcoming environment. We aim to provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment, in which a child can develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually at their own rate. We are proud to be an Ofsted 'good' rated provider.
Duties will include:
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Assist and actively support management in creating an efficient professional Family Centre
- Provide a high quality childcare and education service for children and parents
- Overseeing the running of the unit and supervising staff
You will need to:
- Hold a full and relevant DfE approved qualification in early years and childcare at Level 3 (such as NVQ Level 3 in CCLD, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- Have gained experience within a nursery setting
- Have proven organisational skills
All staff will need to be flexible and creative, with the commitment to provide first class childcare. All staff and volunteers are expected to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding children and young people within their work.
Exeter University Family Centre is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
What we offer
- Team Building Day
- Employee of the Term' - reward 1/2 day off
- Family feel
- Warm, friendly and welcoming
- Apprenticeship Employee Ambassador
- Safeguarding Certificate / Level 3 Food Safety /Paediatric First Aid Training (we pay for all staff to have these training courses)
- Generous annual leave
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay)
Before submitting an application, if you would like an informal chat about the post please contact Louise McLellan
L.R.McLellan@exeter.ac.uk or 01392 725416.
We will be reviewing applications as received and interviews will be take place accordingly. Please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
Starting salary will be £17,408 (progressing to £19,202) on Grade C.