Care and Support Worker
Care and Support Worker – Transforming the lives of young homeless people and children transitioning from care to independent living.
Range of Full-time, Part-time and Sessional hours available on a rota basis.
Salary based on £17,000 - £19,000 per annum (pro-rata) + benefits
Sessional – hourly rate of £8.50 per hour + holiday entitlement with a review after six months and a possible increase up to £10 an hour.
Currently, there are over 100,000 young people in England who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Over 20% of those will be young people leaving the care system.
18% will go on to attempt suicide in their lives.
Our Care and Support team work to break the cycle of homelessness by providing supported accommodation and support to 16-25 year olds, and by sustaining independent placements for children transitioning from care where a package of support and accommodation is needed.
Every day you will:
- Offer direct support to young people in either a supported accommodation or individual placement setting as part of a wider care package
- Engage with practical activities, in particular those which promote and develop learning, social skills, healthy lifestyles, arts and culture, aiming to broaden horizons and raise aspirations
- Support individuals to engage in training, education, employment or voluntary work
- Promote independence, preparing young people with the resilience and practical life-skills to progress successfully into adulthood and to realise their potential
Our commitment to you:
As one of only 2% of UK employers to have achieved the coveted Investors in People Gold (6th Generation) accreditation, we offer our people:
- 25 days leave per year as well as Bank Holidays, rising by one day per year for every year of service (capped at 30)
- Perkbox membership entitling you to a range of discounts on shopping, retail and leisure purchases amounting to savings of more than £800 per person per year on average
- Cash-back health plan, giving you money back on day-to-day healthcare like dental and optical care, prescriptions and GP appointments
- Yearly Away Days, monthly ‘Hub’ lunch socials, keeping you connected to the heart of the organisation, consulting you about key decisions
- Monthly support and supervision, supporting your wellbeing and development
- Bespoke training package to help you map your own career – train to be a CCP leader of the future, or a subject matter expert in a field of your choice
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- ‘Refer a friend’ bonus for helping us to successfully recruit someone you have nominated for a vacancy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Subsidised public transport
Subject to successful completion of your probationary period
In line with CCP’s Safer Recruitment Policy, appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.