5 days left
- Full Time
Security Officers, Yeovil, Somerset
£9.40 per hour, plus £0.40p per hour attendance bonus
Minimum 44 hours per week
4 on 4 off shift pattern (days and nights)
The largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD is looking for Security Officers for its helicopter division in Yeovil.
- Provide a visible and proactive security presence for all on site employees and visitors
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the onsite parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Ensure the control room/gatehouse is kept clean and tidy
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems
- Physically fit as a great deal of patrolling is required
- Presentable at all times, in full uniform
- A full UK Driving Licence as use of the company vehicle is required
- An SIA Licence ideally – although we can fund your training
As well as 27 days’ annual leave, full uniform provision, first aid training and on site restaurant, you’ll get the opportunity to launch your security career with a world class brand.
To apply, please visit our website.