The Force covers an area of 2,500 square kilometres with a population of almost one million. We currently employ more than 2000 police o cers, almost 2000 police sta and over 500 volunteers.
A career with Leicestershire Police can be rewarding and will be built on your particular strengths.
In addition to our highly competitive pay scales, further benefi ts such as a childcare voucher scheme, the ability to take a career break and part-time working are also available.
You'll also enjoy working in an attractive, accessible, culturally vibrant and forward-looking county.
Based: Force Headquarters, Enderby, Leicester
Salary: £31,095 - £40,719 (dependent upon level of experience and qualifications)
Work hours: 37 hours per week
Working as a member of the Information Systems Section you will be able to demonstrate a range of skills and significant experience including:
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving including experience of investigating and resolving bugs and data quality issues.
- The ability to deliver full life cycle, highly available software development projects and some experience of ETL and or database reporting services (e.g. SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Intranet development using O ce 365 and Azure Cloud hosted Sharepoint including integration into back o ce systems. Development of line of business solutions using O ce 365 components.
- Meeting with stakeholders and gathering and prioritising requirements.
- The ability to create technical specifications outlining the different software components according to requirements.
- Writing code and testing, prioritising issues and fixes with stakeholders.
- Investigating and understanding DB schemas and data models.
- Experience of development projects using some of: SQL, XML, XSS, XSD, C#, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, Windows Forms, CSS, JQuery, Version Control (SVN, Git), Visual studio, SSIS, SSRS, Restful API, ASMX, WCF SOAP XML and bootstrapped responsive HTML5.
- You must have degree level or equivalent education, excellent communication skills and the ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Experience of iterative/Agile software development projects.
To apply and for further details about the vacancy, please visit our website by clicking apply.
Closing date for applications is 11:55pm on Sunday 28th April 2019