Development Test Technician / Product Development Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Development Test Technician
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
The Company is a multi-award-winning UK company, including winners of three prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous heating industry accolades.
As Europe's largest water treatment manufacturer it is their mission to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. Their best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, they provide innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of their growth strategy.
Their industry leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Their best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is supported by their own range of premium quality chemicals.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Development Test Technician to join the team and be responsible for development testing of their new products to meet requirement specifications given by their Product Management division.
- Testing to validate modifications and improvements on new and existing products, some comparison testing against competitor products will also be required from time to time
- Product and mechanical safety testing according to existing testing procedures
- Produce clear test reports on all testing done
- Good mechanical knowledge essential and practical experience of central heating systems would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a product development environment
- Working to strict testing instructions and tight deadlines
- Relevant qualification in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Microsoft Excel and Word software
- Good mechanical assembly and equipment operational skills
- Problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong work ethic
- Able to travel locally if required so driving license essential
- Familiar with safe working practice with regards to pressure equipment
- Knowledge of the HVAC industry
- Forklift truck driving license or willingness to attain desired qualification
- Self-motivated and able to work alone
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computational fluid dynamics
- Good team player
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will also benefit from a range of excellent benefits which includes:
- A generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Employee discounts
In addition, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company, offering great scope for career progression and a commitment to your ongoing training and development.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and they welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Testing Technician, Quality Assurance Technician, Test and Development Technician, Development Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Test Engineer, Test Engineering, Electronic Manufacturing, Precision Engineering, Industrial Electrician, Electrical Test Engineer, Product Coordinator, Product Development Coordinator will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Development Test Technician / Product Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly