GIS Data Officer
GIS Data Officer
Post Number: ME0117
Location: Civic Centre
Salary: £23,941 - £25,038 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (banking 30 minutes per week towards the shutdown at Christmas and New Year)
Harlow Council is seeking a professional to assist the GIS Manager, as part of the Property and Facilities Team.
This is an opportunity to play a significant role in exercising the Council’s responsibilities in regard to provision of Geographic information (GI), Street Naming and Numbering (SNN) function, development and implementation of Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG).
The successful candidate will assist with GI provision; SNN duties; data cleansing and matching to improve quality of the address gazetteer and GI datasets. You will also need to be:
- Knowledgeable – you will need experience of SN&N service, working with databases and ability to ensure that address database is BS7666 compliant.
- Responsible – you will manage budget, deliver information on time and provide information others rely on. Be aware of relevant Council’s statutory duties and relevant legislation.
- Technical – you will create and maintain information and records to support various departments within the Council.
- Communicative – You will be communicating with colleagues, Council partners and residents. You will actively promote address geography, The LLPG and GI at the Council.
- Analytical – you will interpret various data sets and present results in clear and meaningful way for residents, officers and partners.
Harlow Council offers generous annual leave, employee benefits scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme and Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Application Forms are available for collection from:
Contact Harlow, Civic Centre, The Water Gardens, College Square, Harlow, Essex CM20 1WG
Closing Date: Monday 15 April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed